Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

"19 Somethin'"

That's it. You guys not posting (but still apparently reading this) have left me no choice but to spend my time DOING SURVEYS! Haha... Yeah, I'm bored...Nothing to do in N*, so now I'm taking surveys from my xanga and comparing them to me now. (red = my thoughts now)

From December 9th, 2004:
TEN Random Things About Me
10. I wanna be Japanese or Korean :P (Still quite true...)
09. I love journalism. Newspaper design/editing = my LIFE! (Again, still true...)
08. I can't stand grammar/spelling mistakes. Typos = bad!!!!! (Ha... Wanted to attack the "Grease" advertisements because of the blatant mistakes...Go thru it with a big red marker and go "BAD! BAD TYPOS! LEARN HOW TO SPELL, PEOPLE!")

07. I hate science. (Not taking a class in science senior year! NYAH!) (Eh.... This changed just a bit, considering I have now almost completely reversed my mindset on the medical field. I'm still not taking a science, though.)
06. I am a *gasp* fruit-hater. (This also has changed. Yes, Jane, you can faint now. *waits* Welcome back to consciousness! I've been eating peaches, strawberries and grapes daily. It's not all that bad.)
05. I am single. Completely. (WELL, no changes here, thank goodness. Although I do have a prom date, thanks to Olivia. :P He's about two inches tall, hops around, wears a crown...)
04. I'm very bored, which is why I'm taking the time to do this thing. (Yah... Same situation.)
03. I'm addicted to Ayumi Hamasaki's music. (She's so pretty!! If I had to say that I have an idol, it would be her.) (Hee!!!! I LOVE YOU, AYU!)
02. I prefer Coke to Pepsi. (Well, right now I prefer any type of carbonated beverage, since I have another week without caffeine or chocolate. :( Darn heart problems.)
01. I refuse to wear lipstick. Only lipgloss for me. (Yeah, it's random, but I need to go put on makeup in the bathroom sometime soon for the gig, and so that thought's just been running through my mind.) (I wear lipstick now. It's just rare. And omg, that was a random thought...)

NINE Places I've Visited
09. Gettysburg
08. Texas (lived there)
07. CALI!!! (Fell in love w/ Palo Alto and LA.... AHHHHH!)
06. Chicago
05. Panama City Beach (Spring Break '03! YEAH, BABY!)
04. Indiana (lived there, too - whaddya know?)
03. Some ranch in Ohio for a KC Weekend
02. Illinois
01. Nashville! Wanna go back!

EIGHT things I want to do before I die
08. Get a steady career in journalism (or the medical field)
07. Hopefully live in a place (Cali, some parts of Illinois, NY) where there's a large Asian population (WOO!)
06. Adopt my Asian babies! (ASIAN BABIES! *sigh* I LOVE THEM!!!)
05. Learn Japanese, if not also Korean
04. get married (maybe) (yeah... we filled out cards in ID predicting where/what we'll be in 10 years, and under "family" I left it blank, since I doubt I'll be hitched before I'm 27)
03. Become an author (I need to get moving on my writing...NEED TIME!!)
02. Get elected for a high position in Kiwanis (hehe...I love Kiwanis.)
01. Travel to Asia and Europe (WOO! ENGLAND! IRELAND! WALES! As long as I don't die before June 6th!)

SEVEN Ways to win my heart
07. Where do I start?? Hehe... First off, have a good heart and be able to either work with kids or animals (still as true as can be... it's been used in practice, too. Hehe...)
06. Be intellectual (not exactly in the book-smart sense, but in the worldly sense) (I still believe in this one, too)
05. BE ORIGINAL! None of those crappy pick-up lines.... Goodness. (Yeah. Enough said.)
04. Accept me for who I am. If I am quiet, find a way to compensate for that. Don't try to change me. (I accept myself. Kind of. Okay, not so much, but it would be nice if others could.)
03. Be open enough to share memories with me. That really wins me over. (Nostalgia = happy me.)
02. Please don't think that if I'm not talking about/with you that you aren't a priority. Negatives always stand out in my mind, so if you aren't on my "to-do" list (wow...really worded that one wrong) that's a good thing. (Wow... Why did I not rephrase that?)
01. Go into the relationship wholeheartedly. Don't just say "Aww... She's never had a real relationship. I'll be with her a week or so and then let her off easy." I hate that. NEVER do that, or else you will be on my hit list. (And the only ones on my list now are girls... Women are so cruel to one another, aren't they?? :P) (Yes, we are!)

SIX Things I believe in
06. God
05. My abilities in some areas, like writing and caring for others
04. Everything will end up all right if you don't give up
03. The power of one person
02. The KC motto "Caring - Our Way of Life"
01. Contrary to popular belief, love (Yeah, yeah, I do. I'm just a cynic about it 99% of the time.)

FIVE Things I'm afraid of
05. Deep water. Hate. Deep. Water.
04. Hurting someone else
03. Snakes
02. Being stung by bees
01. Not living up to my potential, having regrets

FOUR of my Favorite Items in my bedroom
04. PICTURES! LOTS OF THEM!
03. My computer...hehe
02. My CD rack (it's all wavy! and of course I love the CD's in it!)
01. My stuffed animals/pillows (Shut up and stop laughing. Yes, you. I like soft things.)

THREE Things I do everyday
03. Computer-related stuff
02. Listen/dance/sing to Jpop (I've been dancing a lot lately. It's a heck of a lot of fun. Can't wait for it next year!)
01. Reflect on myself

TWO Things I am trying not to do right now
02. Fail physics and precal (I'm trying not to get a B in physics right now. Got an A in PreCal, I think. My grades are much higher, though, which is a relief. No more 3.8 GPAs!!! YAY!)
01. Lose my faith in myself

ONE Person I want to see right now
01. Jane. :P Or Ali.I never get to see you guys anymore!!!! :( (I still don't get to see you guys that often, but it's really weird now because I've finally gotten to the point where I don't expect to see you in the halls. I've lost my rays of sunshine, though, and now school is much more...business-like. It's starting to wear me down a bit, especially now that I fall asleep in class all the time. I don't hang out with people during class and I feel like all I'm doing is preparing for college, which, while exciting for me, isn't quite as much fun as it used to be when I had people to really keep me company. In short, it's lonely because outside of Interdisc, I don't have "bookwork" classes with really, really, really good friends -although Catie's almost up there, which makes physics much more enjoyable.)

I can turn any survey into some sentimental, sappy thing, can't I?

They will make horrid cheerleaders. Though I'd like to see Evan in a little skirt. -Mandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home