Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Monday, March 14, 2005

And there goes the template... *sigh*

Congrats to Ash-a-wee and O-wiv-ee-ah! :P I just love baby talk.

What do I have to say?

Jap. II classes start the day after I start driver's ed.

I currently am working on a 5-point plan to improve myself. I need it. Summary:
1) When the weather gets nice, I'm going to take a walk every day after school (with or without the dogs). In the summer, on those few days that I will be here, I'm going to play basketball w/ the neighbors (how I miss that!! I haven't shot hoops in AGES!) and run in the morning (around 6). This will a) get my butt off the ground so I can actually do something and b) get me fit for dance next year. Besides, I complain about no privacy in my house and my need to get away and think, so what better way than this? (I need trees and fresh air when I exercise, which is why I never joined a gym and why I can't do anything until the weather gets better.)
2) I need to start reading for fun more. I have so many books that people buy me, but I never have time to read them, so here's my chance to say "Hey, Am, stop being stupid and start reading avidly like you used to!!!" Sure, I could never beat Jane, but I came close. Well, sorta.
3) Practice my violin more. Two hours a week is not going to cut it. I'm slacking and I know it. Enough of faking my way through a difficult song when we're in concert.
4) Write more. Enough said here. I know Ash, Olivia, Ali and Jane are reading this going "YES! It's about time!!!" Well, here's my semipromise to you.
5) This may be the hardest or easiest step, but I've been noticing that I have a ton of crap. You all know how much stuff I've got in here. I fill up my room (which is twice the size of Moms' den), claim half the stuff in the basement, and own most of the stuff stowed away in the shed. Well, I never noticed it until I'd clean my room and I realized I had no place to put anything. And goodness, for a neat freak/interior design freak like I am, that's tough to deal with. Anything out opf place annoys me. I can always tell if someone's been in my room, b/c my mother doesn't leave my mouse directly center on my mousepad and she puts my coaster a certain way. My dad always puts my clothes in my closet wrong. How long will it take him to realize my clothes are put in my closets from casual to professional and in color-coded order within those categories?? And forget my CD rack. Almost 100 CDs in order of genre, then alphabetical by artist, then by release date. I'm obsessed. I have to have order. But back to the topic: I'm going to pretty much get rid of half the stuff in my room in June. It's hard for me to say it, but a) I'm too materialistic and I know it and b) I live in luxury. I'm gonna give a lot of my stuff to those who need it (like stuffed animals to Riley and old shoes to Nike's "Reuse A Shoe" campaign that Janice told me about). I'm spoiled. Too much. I need to work on that.


I realized how much I needed a planner, so I got one for my desk, plus some other ones to carry w/ me. Here's my schedule for this week, according to my desk calendar:
Monday - Key Club @ 3:00, MEOW/newspaper deadline day 3:30-5:15, violin lessons 7:00-7:30, plus calling up Board of Education members and interviewing them [didn't work out so well. only got hold of one, and so she'll be my profile source after I interview her second period.]
Tuesday - newspaper deadline day 3:00-5-ish, Jazz Band concert thingy w/ Catie at 7:30
Wednesday - mandatory Europe trip meeting @ 3:00, show Cash and Coryell my piece for state @ 3:30, go get my passport done @ 4-ish, prepare MUN position
Thursday - MUN @ whenever after school
Friday - MUN all day (NO SCHOOL!)
Saturday - State Speech all day, BBall Sectionals
Sunday - interview Grandpa for ID project w/ O-wiv-ee-ah
Notes - get N* app and KC statement of candidacy app prepared (includes principal's sig and letters of recommendation) and ready for the 22nd and 21st (respectively), get forms signed for United Way Youth Day of Caring and MUN, and do everything else school-related (i.e. homework)

Oh, yes, and stay alive. Actually, though, this is an easier week (though less fun now that Jap classes aren't in session). I'm not quite as swamped, so I can do more social things (like Tuesday w/ Catie). YAY! But yes, there's why I needed a planner.

Good night, all.

They will make horrid cheerleaders. Though I'd like to see Evan in a little skirt. -Mandy

1 Comments:

  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Evey said…

    Look at me!!! Sushi working again!!! *is happy and does a happy dance* I posted all the back to Hitch, i think. In case you wish to read said comments.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home