Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Dum spiro, spero.

Hello all! And how are we today? I'm good. I have finished about 1/2 of the Scarlet Letter and it's getting really good! (Seriously Jonah, it gets better than the door of the jail about 80 pages in.) I still have to type up my journal entries though. *bleh*
Well, I must put this in. You all know how Ali has been leading the Quote of the Day scores? Not any more! She is now second to...*drumroll* NATHAN! :-D
Scores are as follows:
Nathan: 990
Alison: 900
Michael: 520
Sarah and Marten: 470
Olivia: 460
Jonah: 320
Evan: 160
So yeah. Your new quote is Dum spiro, spero. Interesting one. Anyone in French might be able to make the connection between the verbs and some French verbs, but I don't know.
Sarah unexpectedly stopped by today, which was nice. I was thinking about going to see her this week, and I still might.
I can't believe that there's only 1 month and 5 days until school. Okay, I'm a dork, and I am looking forward to it.
AND I figured out how I am going to get my money for IB. Hello! I have two flutes upstairs that I never ever use anymore. I am going to sell them and get some money. Now, I have no clue what I am going to do senior year to come up with my money then, but that's okay. I should be able to get about $400 for my flutes, so that should be good. Senior year though, there's no way that I am selling my last flute. That would be like giving away my life. And as much as I despise that oboe, it is a challenge that needs to be conquered. (My new goal: To play the fugue in public on the oboe by senior year. Without passing out, lol. My oboe teacher seemed to think that I am going to pass out one of these days.)
So yeah. That is my next project: Finding a place that buys instruments. I know Paiges does sometimes, I might try there. Ah well. Another battle for another day.

"I've been rejected...twice!"

4 Comments:

  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger chopstick_gurl said…

    While I breathe, I hope.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Nathaniel Cornstalk said…

    You've gotta sell 'em online, girl. You're gonna get a much better deal than you would at a pawn shop or anything.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger La belle fille said…

    Yeah, I know, but the pawn shop is easiest. (or Paiges. I know they sometimes buy instruments and said that they would take a look at mine.) And, did you call me "girl"? lol.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger yumyum said…

    no!!! must get back my place...lol. j/k, it'd be nice, but my daily habit of not wanting to get online everyday kinda makes it hard. go nathan though!!!:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home