Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Romani ite domum

I never talked about my trip! For those of you who don't know, I took a lovely week long trip to New York and New Jersey to look at colleges. Okay, as far as the schools...
Princeton
Pros: omg, I love that school. It is just beautiful. It has an awesome program that I want to major in.
Cons: In order to major in what I want to, I have to apply again at the end of my sophmore year. If I don't get in, then I have to change my major. That's a problem. So currently, Princeton is #2 on my list.
On a side note I met my cousin Becky for the first time in a long time. She talked to me, which is like the first time since I was 5. I even have a picture!


So yeah. She's a student there. Her older sister Kathy just got married last sumer and her younger sister Kimberly is a year younger than me.

Drew
Pros: I am more in love with this school than I am Princeton. It has 2 study programs at the UN, that would give me 16 credit hours. They look for a 5 or better on IB tests. They offer lots and lots of money too. If you're in the top half of their applicant pool they're willing to give you $10,000 scholarships that are renewable every year! If you're one of their strongest applicants, they're willing to give you a renewable scholarship of 75 or 100% of the costs. That makes a happy, happy Ashley. Also, I didn't thinkt hat I would like this, but I do: They are small. They have 1500 undergrads and 1000 grads mostly in theology, who you really don't see all that much.
Cons: The only con that I can think of is that they don't have a specific "International Affairs" major....they have polisci with an emphasis in IA, which is just as good. They have 16 differernt classes for that track.

NYU
Well, what can I say? It was a nice school, that I would be thrilled to go to, but it's not the first on my list. I think that it will be a realistic school for me to get into, but if I am admitted to Drew, I'd rather go there.

Currently I am thinking that I want to apply early decision for Drew. I still have to look at Northwestern, and I'm going to look at Penn. If you have others that you think that I should consider tell me! Seriously, I need to start doing this! I'm looking for a school with a good international affairs or polisci program. I also don't want a school in Indiana perferably. It might just be me, but I want to go somewhere else for college. Ah well. Thanks!

They will make horrid cheerleaders. Though I'd like to see Evan in a little skirt. -Mandy

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home