Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Grease...it's still the word!

Well, the musical is over. Dress rehearsal Thursday didn't go very well, so all the leads (including me) were pretty discouraged. Luckily, the "bad dress rehearsal = great show" was true for us because the performances on both Friday and Saturday were EXCELLENT! The crowds were awesome (they were cheering even before we got onstage!) and we totally fed off of their energy. The only glitch, at least for me, was when my mic didn't work for one of the scenes on Friday night, and even though one of the girls in the cast tried to save it, her mic wasn't on either, so the point of the scene was lost to the audience. Oh well, at least it was the tech crew's problem and not mine.

Now I have to figure out what to do with all the extra time now that I don't have anymore rehearsals... not that I'll have any trouble filling my schedule until the end of the year. First there's ISSMA State for Concert Choir, then the AP test, then the spring choir show, then finals... and finally, FRANCE! IU Honors won't give me as much of a break as a typical summer, but it still won't feel like school. If I thought it would, I wouldn't have applied. Lord knows I need a break.

They will make horrid cheerleaders. Though I'd like to see Evan in a little skirt. -Mandy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home