Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Monday, May 24, 2004

"Depend on You"

The last week of sophomore year... Even though we had some bad, nasty, not-so-good moments this past year, overall I have to say it was a good year. I know that I grew immensely as a result of it. Since Mike Kelly (another North Star staffer) just went to get some of us Burger King, I'll recap the year's events according to class.

G1: Lyceum
WELL... The class = boring or incredibly confusing. The people made it worthwhile, though. It was the only class I had with Jane, and having the class two years in a row made it more comfortable to be in there. LYCEUM PEOPLE ROCK!

G2/R2: North Star
Newspaper rocks. There's not much I can say to really sum up how incredibly fun and... There's no word for it. I love this class.

G3: AP World History
First semester was slow and boring, but second semester went by quickly. Personally, I think it was due to the people in that class and not Layman's methods. :) Daniel, Jonah and Ammar made it a bit more interesting, but Courtney was the most interesting by far (on the days that he came to class). LONG LIVE THE MILLENIUM SERIES THEME SONG!

G4: SRT
There were days when I was so crammed for time in SRT: finishing layouts on deadline day, going to Model UN meetings, AP study sessions, random conversations between Layman and Ammar about "The Apprentice," interviewing students for my news stories, hanging out in the Speech SRT... The list goes on and on.

R5/R8: Chemistry
I hated this class. Webster was a very good teacher in my opinion, but I just cannot stand the subject. I only have two more chem periods EVER! I'm soooooooo happy! Get me away from the slack-off juniors! (Note: Not all of the juniors slacked off [i.e. Kaitlin and Kendal worked harder than I did]. There were just some who always cheated and refused to do experiments and would not participate at all.)

R6/R5: French
I'm going to miss French next year. Ash, you'll have to fill me in on all that you guys do... I really liked French, but with two filled elective spots and a technology credit to get, I have no room for it next year. (Stupid technology requirement...) I also hope that when I apply for Japanese courses in college that they don't think that I quit French for the heck of it. I wanted to get to French V, but it's either quit French or not graduate because of a missing requirement. I loved French... Vive la France!!

R7: Chamber Orchestra
Orchestra was enjoyable. There were some days when practice seemed to drag on much longer than it needed to, but it's all worth it now. Besides, now that we're done with our concert, we have free time, which means NORTH STAR TIME! My last period of the year will be orchestra, which means I'll most likely be in here typing away for the last time as a sophomore. *tear* I'll miss it, but it's time to embrace change!

R8/G2: Algebra II
I came in dreading Algebra II and came out with a whole semester of A+'s. So much for thinking I'd fail the class.

That's my year. FUN! Hehe... OOH! My food's in! Time to eat, watch "Austin Powers," and work on my Algebra II review. My final's tomorrow. :(

"Happy Towne: a self-sufficient community where the people are fed with the area's sole food source - a giant PopTart."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home