Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Saturday, June 26, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOI!

ALLO, PEEPS!

As for the question of WHY I haven't been online, it's because I've been in the middle of my birthday celebration week! Thanks for remembering, Omo and Ali! (Just being hard on ya!)

I'm now 16. YAY! Jane surprised me by coming to VBS (fun, fun, right, Jane?), and during the opening songs, Linda had all the kiddies sing "Happy Birthday" to me as Mom wheeled out my cake. HEE! That was so cute! We had some of it during snack time. (More sugar for the kids! - Ash)
Afterwards, we all went out (all meaning Ash, Jane, Marten, Jonah, Nathan, Holly and Adrienne) to Bazbeaux's for pizza. YUM! Then we all went home. :( However, Ash went with me later that night to the kids' showcase, where our VBS kids sang songs and did skits. Well, I played with the video camera and I managed to get one of the three songs that our kids sang, if Marten, Jonah, and of course, Nathan want to see it. I had all three but I accidentally copied over it. :-( I'm slow, remember????? Ah well. And Ash also got some footage of Sarah all hyped up on sugar, singing and dancing with "ze French birthday frog." That could so easily be used for blackmail, Ash. I was thinking the same thing...
Then Ash stayed the night unexpectedly. (I love it when that happens.) When do I ever spend the night expectedly? True. Then today, Ash and I manned our garage sale for a few hours before going out and checking out the 28 other sales around the neighborhood. For once, I managed to spend less than I earned! Aren't we proud? Yes, we are. I earned $35.75 from the sale (Ash earned that, only minus 35 bucks), but I only spent $28 at the garage sales. :) I bought an "egantic" (I'm taking your word, Nathan) stuffed gorilla for my grandfather's birthday next month and a WWII pocketwatch from Russia, along with other things. Ash wants the pocketwatch. Too bad for her. I like it. Plus, I paid for it. Fine then, be that way. I'm still paying you all money, when I get some. No, you're not.

Birthday Gifts:
$50 from grandparents
$50 from aunt & uncle
Jane: fake Louis Vuitton bag!!! :P (grin)
Ashley: French bag w/ "Love" CareBear, fairies, pizza coupons, and a card w/ an upcoming pedicure appointment (yet to be scheduled)
Jonah: The Truth by Terry Pratchett
Linda: a 30-year-old print from Japan signed by the artist, a book with pictures of the Eli Lilly collection of Chinese art, 30 rubber stamps of Chinese nature symbols
Adrienne: Hello Kitty cup, hat, and pillow (that was signed by all at Bazbeaux's)

Sarah happy. :)

"LOOK! Purple tuna!"

6 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Jade said…

    VBS was fun! I should have gone to the ones before!Sorry I couldnt come to the thingy! Btw... I havent given you all the gifts I have for you yet! So just wait.. i have more surprises! hehe

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Nathaniel Cornstalk said…

    What a coincidence! We went garage sailing too!

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Jonah Comstock said…

    I'm garage sailing away
    Set an open course, for someone's garage
    I long to be free
    Free to own some junk, (Damn, what rhymes with garage?!?)

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Marten said…

    you forgot about the 8 of toucans I gave you! and egantic was my word.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger chopstick_gurl said…

    I apologize, Marten. I'm sorry for leaving out your gift. If it makes you feel any better, Ash was reminding me what my gifts were, since I wasn't feeling well on Saturday and couldn't remember them all.

    Yes, "egantic" was your word. I didn't know, but apprently it is.

    And good luck, Jonah. I can't think of anything that rhymes with garage.

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    Damn, that's what I get for sitting out of VBS. Oh well...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home