Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Friday, May 20, 2005

OMG! No PreCal final for AM! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I got a 92.2% for the third six weeks, and once I do one of those extra credit poster things about myself (with pictures, what you like, hobbies, etc., for those who don't know), that one point will boost me up to something that will round up to a 93%, which means NO FINAL FOR ME!!!!! YAH!!!!!!!!

Oh, and for Ali and Jane, we got our yearbooks this week! WOO! Some of the comments in mine are so cute/funny/sweet, and I still have the back to fill up! You have to see!!!

Schedule ([]= movie for that day in N*):
Saturday - Grandpa's funeral (I'll be gone all day and come back Sunday morning/afternoon)
Monday - N* end-of-year banquet [seniors' choice]
Tuesday - I think this is my physics final day....ugh [Team America]
Wednesday - Beth's BDAY!!!! WOO!!! [Beth's choice]
Thursday - LAST FULL DAY OF JUNIOR YEAR!!!!! [Pirates of the Caribbean]
Friday - half day, no finals because I will have already taken them, and I end my year with Spilker (I say we should have a secondary pi(e) day in celebration of it!)

This just feels so weird, knowing that in 4 and a half days (not including today), there will be no more physics labs to worry over, no more Panera study sessions - at least, until next year, no more REAL Interdisc, no more calculus-related math classes (WOO! for AP Prob/Stat), no more being the younger upperclassmen on N* staff. We will become the NEW Interdisc alumni, the superior N* staff members, the students who, like me, are done with science for the rest of their high school careers, the 17- and 18-year-olds who will soon be filling out those dreaded college applications and moving on... *tear* I'm gonna cry!!!

But I want to move on. This year has been... well, it just was. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't horrible - it's too neutral for either. It's been tough. Really tough. Our battle scars are numerous, me most of all in all likelihood. Death, depression, sadness, lonliness, more death, isolation, crying for hours at a time several nights (which two of us did this year that I know of), lowered grades, heightened expectations, all-nighters, rejections, compromises. We all suffered through it, and we can say that we survived.

But we have one more year to get through, a year that will most likely be better overall. Maybe this next year we'll all get our wishes of companionship, romance, success; maybe we'll all be more at peace with ourselves and what we've done, good and bad; maybe next year, some of us won't have regrets, just mistakes from which we will have learned.

Maybe senior year will be a happy year.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Olivia said…

    Aww, Sarah, you always put things so beautifully! (Even if not all of this year was beautiful... unless, of course, you want to take the Poe point of view *wink*) *warm fuzzies for you and for junior year, despite it all*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home