Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Monday, May 31, 2004

"HANABI - Episode II"

Crappy day. Crappy weekend. Crappy month.

Sorry about not blogging this weekend, but I was too busy with college parties/cookouts/tornadoes/visits with grandparents/a failed garage sale/etc. I'd rather not go into how much my parents lack in common sense. If I do, this entry will turn into a rant.

However, Saturday was the highlight of my summer thus far. While the morning was a bit more serious and unexpected, from noon until around 11 P.M., it was a blast. :P Ashley went with me shopping in Broad Ripple, where I found my wonderful lil' Japanese sign that says "No smoking on bed," "Good night," and "Please keep valuables and other items in headstage." I love it!!! Ahhh... Random Asian objects are my specialty. :) We ate at Ben & Jerry's, returned home at 5 to talk to Evan and Nat (haha... she still has no idea who you are!), and then sat outside to wait for Evan to drop by. And he did. For several hours. What fun! (And we have yet to bake and name the walnut cookie! Unfortunately, I don't like walnuts, but I'll help you make 'em!)

That was the good part. Now my parents are talking about NOT going to California, even though we already bought the tickets, I'm half-packed, and Nat and I are already psyched. She's even trying to arrange a time when I can meet her new boyfriend. (Mark's cute, too! Nat has good taste!) I hate how they always break their promises and blame it on me. (Like me spending all their money - well, I bought 5 pairs of shorts, but if it's going to be 90 degrees out there and all my shorts don't fit, then what the heck am I supposed to do??)

Ashley, you forgot to change the ending quote to...

"Don't worry. There's always more birds in the sea. Wait! I mean, fish in the sky! Argh..."

4 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger La belle fille said…

    Ah yes! My wonderful dove who dumped me! lol Birds are so flighty! Ah well. Good luck with the whole California thing. I've not been having a great day either so yeah. I understand, but I just talked to you about why I'm not having a good day when you called me. Eh, what can I say? It means a lot to me that you called though. Thanks for checking up and showing me that you care! Wow, this has been a long note. Ah well. I'll talk to you later!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    Wow. Why would they cancel if they already had the tickets? Cause airline tickets are expensive. Oh... "I'd rather not go into how much my parents lack in common sense." That makes sense...

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger chopstick_gurl said…

    Things just got worse. Thank God for Ashley...

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger chopstick_gurl said…

    By the way, Michael, that's just the surface of what they've done. I really didn't go into how much they lack in common sense. You would have known if I did.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home