Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Saturday, May 29, 2004

WE'RE FREE!!!

YAY! NO SCHOOL FOR OVER TWO MONTHS!!! I've been waiting so long for this summer and it's FINALLY HERE!!! Needless to say (in case you couldn't tell) I'm excited!

Yes, let's not talk about the French final, shall we? :-P I somehow managed to get an A- for the semester anyway, so I'm happy, especially since I got a B+ in geometry! So I'll have a great semester average, which is a relief. I just want to stay on the Academic Top 30!

Let's see...time for a "year in review" (or in some cases, second semester), eh??

G1-Lyceum- grr. I thought Ms. Means was a good teacher when she actually taught things that were meaningful, but 1) she didn't teach very often and 2) when she did, most of the lessons weren't meaningful (or part of the curriculum!). At least the class was easier than it would have been if we had Chapman, but I would have learned so much more. Plus everyone hated it because it was so unproductive, and I think we all started to take it less and less seriously as the year went by. So, in short, I won't be sad to see it go. At least I had good friends to keep me company! :o)

G2-World History- Mrs. Layman was a nice person but a hopelessly boring teacher. I learned a lot but I won't remember most of it because she didn't teach it in a way that made me care about the material. It was also a weird group of kids -- we had everyone from major overachievers to total slackers. And then there was the AP test...ugh. Yeah, that's another class I won't miss too much.

G3-Yearbook- I decided not to be on staff anymore, partly because I have too many other classes I want/need to take and partly because of my own decision. I came out with some good final products (pages), but I didn't feel my skills (writing) were used very well, and I didn't have a lot of support or people I could talk to. There were a lot of days when I wouldn't be able to do anything, and I'd just sit around bored. Plus I find it very awkward to interview random people, so that wasn't good, and most of the people on staff aren't my type. There are some great people, but there are others who wander around the halls most of the time, snort Pixie Sticks (I swear this happened), and talk too loudly about their weekend escapades (aka drinking parties and...well, you can guess what comes next). It's sort of sad, though, because Mrs. Francis is great, and there are some perks to being on staff, but in the end I just decided they weren't worth it if I still had to put up with the other stuff.

G4-SRT- Yearbook again, so we won't spend more time on that.

R5-Choir (Crystal Harmony)- That was hard for me. Crystal Harmony was completely different than it was last year -- new teacher, mostly new girls, etc. The chemistry between the girls wasn't as good, and frankly, they just weren't as good overall. I hated when people slacked off, when the teacher had to yell, when I was disappointed after concerts/performances. It just wasn't good, and choir is supposed to be good for me. It NEEDS to be good for me. Thankfully, I will be in Chamber Singers next year, which will be INCREDIBLE and I am THRILLED! :-D

R6-French- At first I really liked how Mrs. Mannweiler made the class so interactive and productive, but eventually it got on my nerves. It just seemed like she tried to do too much, and that lost my attention just as quickly as not doing anything. I at least enjoyed the discussions, and I also really liked having a smaller class. I'm looking forward to French IV and V with Hilgemeier!

R7-Etymology- This was one of my favorite classes. Mr. Everitt was an awesome teacher because he was so into his subject. He knew all about words and roots, and he had all sorts of examples to show us (for instance, he collects Calvin & Hobbes cartoons that use our vocab words). One of my favorite memories was when one of our words was "parody," and to illustrate what a parody was, he put on Weird Al Yankovich's (did I spell that right?) song "Amish Paradise." Not only did he play it, but he RAPPED TO IT. Oh man it was great. Words come pretty easily to me, so it wasn't a hard class at all, and some of the people were really funny. That was a really enjoyable class for me.

R8-Geometry- SO glad I switched teachers this semester -- Mrs. Witzerman was really nice, offered extra credit, and gave more points than Mr. Frankum did. I had an a A for two of the three six-weeks, which I never would have dreamed about first semester. I had my "freshman friends" to keep me company, and they were really fun. And, of course, I will always remember the day when Mrs. Witzerman gave us ice cream and let us listen to our CD players as we worked on our tessellation projects. :o)

So, there you have it, folks. My year in a nutshell -- well, at least class-wise. This summary doesn't include all the stress, work, and crappy parts that made me cry, but we won't go into that because I'm sure we all had times like that this year, and I'm even more sure that none of us really want to talk about them. Hope you all have a wonderful summer and that I will see you sometime! (Sarah: KOKOMO OR BUST!!)

"I GOTS EARS!" (Ashley, that was SO cute!)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger La belle fille said…

    Thanks! I like my sweatshirt a lot!! Yeah, I had a lot of those I want to cry from all the stress times also. Ah well, 3 months break!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home