Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Tears

Okay yeah, I know that that isn't within my title scheme, but this is important.

I got a call this morning from my "uncle" Ray's brother. Ray died last night. Apparently, he's been in the hospital for the last week and his liver failed. To be honest, it doesn't seem real. I am really wishing that someone is going to call back and say "just joking" although I know that would never happen.

Currently I am at Sarah's house. She didn't want me to be alone, especially when I called her in tears after I got off the phone with him. So yeah. I'm just eh. So yeah, I just I'd write abiut this so that all of you know. (Aching Sushi and Compendium people.)

Quote:
In honor of Ray, a child at heart, "Tu parles comme les grandes personnes!" I'm gonna miss him so much!!!!

So also in honor of Ray, who would always stand in the backyard, and yell after his dog, Shleby:

"Shelby! Don't make me come after you in my scoobey doos!" (He had scoobey doo boxers.)

5 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ashley, you know who it is. ;) The quote is from the Little Prince, of course. The tranlastion is, "You speak like the big people." I hope you're doing okay; call anytime.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger La belle fille said…

    That was Evan

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Nathaniel Cornstalk said…

    I'm sorry this had too happen to you now. I know how much he meant to you. If you need me, you know how to reach me.

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Olivia said…

    Ashley, I'm so sorry your summer had to start this way! I'm here for you ANYTIME. *hugs*

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    I'm here too, although I'm probably very far back in line, but nevertheless, I'm here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home