Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

"Moments"

Last night had to be the most hilarious "everything-gone-wrong" performance I have ever done. For those not in attendance (like YouNa and Ali), I'll summarize.

1) Ms. Means' car broke down while she was loading refreshments in the trunk. She didn't get there until my group was setting up our scene. Keep in mind that we were the FIFTH out of SIX groups to perform.

2) Whoever did the lights screwed up almost our entire scene. They turned on the lights before I was ready to do the intro, which then got me flustered and I hesitated a few times, and almost every time we needed them to turn the lights off, they missed the cue. Imagine: all the suitors are "dead" on the floor, I've just screamed and dropped a bucket of apples, and Austin (who played Odysseus) has to raise his head and yell, "BLACK!"

3) Alvin forgot a couple of his lines, which then eliminated a few of mine. Ah, well.

4) The "luck" scene in which I walk across the stage and get run over by Aaron did not happen as planned. The lines went slower than in rehearsal, and I was already walking onstage a few seconds too early. However, Aaron made up for it by running into me and really causing me to fall. It worked well. :P However, when I dropped the bucket of apples, I found the apples and gathered them up, but the bucket had flown into a dark part of the audience and I had no time left to go looking for it. So, when Jane yelled, "There's a volcano under the house! It's erupting! We're all gonna die!" I just threw the apples up in the air and screamed. It was soooooo cheesy and fake, but apparently the audience liked it. :)

5) I accidentally left one of the apples onstage after our performance, and Katherine (who played Gandalf in the final skit) was kicking it around the stage as she walked. I thought it was hilarious. RANDOM APPLES!

I'll see about the movies, Alison. My mom actually has somewhere else to go that day, but if you could give me a ride, I should be able to go.

"Happy Towne: a self-sufficient community where the people are fed with the area's sole food source - a giant PopTart."

1 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Marten said…

    Awesome show! Your Oddysseus skit was the best one, though the wackiness of Old man in the Sea: lock and load and the action in the three Muskarettes trailed directly behind you. If only corey did a tap dancing bit as the lawyer...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home