Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Saturday, May 15, 2004

US history - boring

Therefore, I am putting it off. Or at least for a few hours.
And I will now answer YouNa's question about Latin....
Latin is a dead language, meaning no one speaks it anymore. It is the language that French, Spanish, and Italian stem from. It is also the class that I have right after French, which sucks. Let's see...some examples of Latin would be....
Cogito ergo sum. I think therefore I am
Vini, Vidi, Vici. I came I saw I conquered.
Ars gratias Artis. Art for the sake of art. (points go to the person who can name where that's from!)
Semper fidelis. Always Faithful
SPQR...something something que Romae
Eh, that's all I can think of that would make sense.
Anyways....
Yay for 13.5 hours of sleep! Woohoo! :-D
And YouNa, burgle comes from my inablity to use the English language. (Read the first paragraph of my last post. It'll make more sense.)
Well, I might post later. By the way YouNa, what's this Festival? I don't understand....

BURGLE!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM, Blogger Marten said…

    Cogito Ergo Es: I think therefor you is (Massive Points, Props, and other awards, possibly a cookie to who can name what movie thats from!)

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Michael said…

    More Latin, Courtesy of Aaron Sorkin:

    Gratias tibi ago, domine. - Thanks Be To God

    Haec credam a deo pio? A deo iusto? A deo scito? Cruciatus in crucem! Tuus in terra servus nuntius fui officium perfeci. Cruciatus in crucem. Eas in crucem!

    Translation: "Am I to believe that these are the acts of a loving God? A just God? A wise God? To hell with your punishments. I was your servent here on Earth. And I spread your word and I did your work. To hell with your punishments. To hell with you!"

    Yes I know I'm a big dork. But Two Cathedrals was awesome!

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger chopstick_gurl said…

    I should type out some random Japanese phrases... Of course, in romaji, since I couldn't identify the kanji to save my life.

    "hajimete namida o mita hi wa
    nani mo dekizu ni tada tada
    te o nigirimashita

    nakitsukarete nemurikaketa koro
    boku no hou o mite "gomen ne" to
    tsubuyaite sukoshi waraimashita

    sonna anata deshita"

    I feel better now. :P

    P.S. I love this song...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home