Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Cicadas are gross

Alison already touched on my title, but I was inspired because I didn't think they were that bad at my house, but I just looked outside and they are swarming around the trees in my yard. Every time one comes near the window, I jump. (Yes, I am paranoid. Bugs are ok, but not when they're on me.) And, two of them fell in the (not moving) windshield wipers this morning as my mom was driving me to music classes.

Speaking of music classes, the PA Institute is going well. A guy named Todd is teaching the Broadway and vocal jazz classes, and he is very cool. He has a lot of connections with people in the theatre, so he's going to have them come in and talk to us. For instance, he knows the guy who just got done playing Mufasa in the tour of The Lion King! In the vocal jazz class, today we learned how to scat. Scatting is improvisational singing, where you just make up nonsensical syllables. It feels very awkward at first, but I was actually pretty good! My last class is solo voice, and my choir teacher from last year is teaching that. There is a wide range of kids in the class, so she's having us older kids (10th grade and up) work on our own songs a lot.

I shall be taking a hiatus until Sunday, because I will be at HOBY. HOBY is a leadership "seminar" for incoming 11th graders, and I will be attending the Indiana one at Butler. It's an entire weekend of guest speakers, team building, role plays, etc., all about different areas of leadership. I've talked to a couple people who have been in the past and they said it's really really fun, so I'm excited. Who wants me to lead them when I come back?? haha

"I never tire of being useful."

3 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger La belle fille said…

    Hello! Slave-I mean...attendant?? here! You already have a follower! lol. Sounds like fun! That means that Alison, YouNa and I will be the only ones left! wow! And I will not be posting as much due to my grandfather coming out here. I don't mind the cicadas, although they are a bit annoying. We have SO MANY! Ah well. part of life I guess.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger yumyum said…

    YouNa...if you're reading this, you need to post!!!! lov yaz;-)

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger chopstick_gurl said…

    Go, Olivia!! That seminar sounds almost exactly like the KC Weekend in Ohio I attended in May. (Got a bit boring after awhile. I've been through so many of them... It's almost a monthly thing with my role as Lieutenant Governor.) Tell me how it goes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home