Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Sunday, June 06, 2004

"Pacta Sunt Servanda"

Hello people! How are you??? I'm okay. I am going to quit summer school. If they want to be jerks about the whole thing, then that's no skin off my nose.
As I am quitting summer school, I might go on a short trip to Kansas. Kind of random, I know. My grandfather is coming out on his way to Kansas and he wanted me to go with him. I am thinking that I might, considering I don't get to see him all that often.
Ah, the new quote is "Pacta Sunt Servanda" I would like for someone to give me what it means and where it is found. (sorta.) You'll see. Well, no one answered my last one which was "Odi et amo, quare id facere forasse requiris...Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior" It is a Latin poem which means: I hated and I love, perhaps you ask why I do it...I don't know, but I feel it and I'm tortured. I think, THINK, it was written by Martial...I have no clue though. It sounds right....I don't remember my Roman poets all that well....Ah well.
By the way, scores:
Michael: 520 (for the last one, all you said was Star Trek thing...I had to give Nathan the points for The Starfleet Academy's motto.)
Alison: 480
Evan: (still the most random player!) 160
Olivia: 160
Sarah: 160
Nathan: 10
All's quiet on the homefront though. Last night, Clyde randomly came over and spent some time with my mom and I. It was really random, so yeah.
I am still reading and enjoying How to think like Leonardo da Vinci. It's great! :-D Olivia, I know that you are reading it too. What do you think of it??
Well, I must say too all of the people who are traveling, i.e. Jane, Sarah, and Evan: I hope that you are having/will have much fun!! :-D And, in the words of Mr. da Vinci himself:
"I never tire of being useful."

1 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Olivia said…

    I like the book! I haven't been able to get much into it because I'm also reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn for Interdisc, but I got through the part about his life and also glanced at the activities, and they look really interesting. I hope the class is that fun! Have you been doing your journal responses? How have you been doing them? I want to start but I'm not sure what to do. Are we supposed to respond to anything in the book that interests us, or just the activities that we do... what do you think?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home