Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Eram quod es, eris quod sum.

Hello all! I have returned. Now, for points and such. First off your new quote is Eram quod es, eris quod sum. It's a lovely one, especially if you find out where it's located....
For the last one it was For those in misery perhaps better things will follow. And, as Alison said, it was Virgil.
The one before that, was Don't judge higher than the sandles. And her is teh story, in slightly more detail...
Apelles, Greek painter, would put his pictures where the public could see them and then stand out of sight so he could listen to their comments. A shoemaker once faulted the painter for a sandal with one loop too few, which Apelles corrected. The shoemaker, emboldened by this acceptance of his views, then criticised the subject's leg. According to Pliny Apelles replied to this that the shoemaker should not judge beyond his sandals. (One should judge only matters that one knows something about.)
Ah. The lessons learned from Greek painters are many...or maybe not so many. Whatever.
Yeah, so Strawberry festival today. Well, we ran low on time, so we cut I bought me a Cat, which I was EXTREMELY HAPPY about. Otherwise, I missed some rhythms and notes, but nothing too noticable. Tomorrow we play in the spring concert at Faith at 7:00. I hope people show up! (Other than the performers) I'll be a lot happier, when I can pay more attention to the music. I want to hear some of the other groups, like the Brass and the Bells. I've never heard them before really. (Meaning, I've heard the Brass practice from down the hall, but that's all.)
So yeah. My day revolved around practicing and getting ready. And then practicing some more with the group! That was my day, how was everyone elses?
SCORES: (in descending order)
Alison: 740
Michael: 520
Olivia: 460
Nathan: 350
Evan: 160
Jonah: 160
Sarah: 160

"I never tire of being useful."

5 Comments:

  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Nathaniel Cornstalk said…

    I was what you are, you will be what I am. From someones gravestone.

     
  • At 12:25 AM, Blogger Michael said…

    Ha! It's funny 'cause they're dead.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bought me a cat and his name was George
    Learned him some smithin' and went to the forge
    He hammered out a horseshoe, hammered out a nail,
    Tried to hammer me and got tossed in Jail.

    (Verse 5 if you're keeping track)

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jonah Comstock said…

    verse 5: I bought me a cat and his name was George
    Learned him some smithin' and went to the forge
    Hammered out a horseshoe, hammered out a nail
    Tried to hammer me and got tossed in jail.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jonah Comstock said…

    sorry about the dpod.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home