Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Fluctuat nec mergitur.

I have returned....sorta. I'm almost back to my old self. Still working through problems though. I think that this depression really hit me hard because I've been putting it off for like....I don't know......a year now? So yeah. I'm feeling a bit better, and I will hopefully be my happy go lucky and slightly depressed self soon! (Instead of the I hate everyone don't come near me becuase I yell at you, Ashley.)
IB is going to kill me.
Today in CAS, our English teachers came in to give us all of our books for this semester and to talk about our IOP's. (Individual Oral Presentations) I am now the proud owner of 4 wonderful books. yay. And I need to come up with a project. I think that I am going to do Anitgone and teh role of women in ancient Greece. Not sure though. And next semester is the most fun! (not!) I have an IOC to do! joy. For all of you smart people not diong IB, an IOC is an Individual Oral Commentary.
Then I went to Psychology, where Erik and I fought with the computer trying to get our lab done. We got most of it done after like 20 minutes of battling. Mr. Cuellar is coming in to CAS Thursday to go over our assesments. Nothing much in Physics......got our tests back.......yeah. We're not going there.
And in English we did a Socratic Seminar. That was actually worth my time and *surprise!* *shock!* I even talked! :-D That's like a first for me!!!
I then went to see my conselor......I am now taking an online gym course. Don't ask. It's a long story. But yeah. Yay for online gym courses!
I also found out that I don't have ANY IB tests that I can take this year. This means that I am going to have to take 6 major exams my senior year.......plus AP Gov and Econ. :-( I really wanted to get them out of the way too!
AND I found out that there is a possibility for me to take Latin IV at LC senior year. So yeah. I might be over there for one period every day. (If they change the schedule back. I really hope that they don't though.)
ARGH! TOK porject due tomorrow. :-( First major project for 40 points, which is a lot in that class becuase we don't hand in much written work. i.e. we've handed one thing in all year. That was a paper we had to write. Otherwise, it's all just discussions.
Some links:
http://faculty.washington.edu/smcohen/320/cave.htm
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~wldciv/world_civ_reader/world_civ_reader_1/plato.html
That's the text that we were asked to read. So now, I open some questions up to you, the first one being, What is Plato's definition of knowledge? Secondly, how can we apply that in our own lives?
Here is the reason Clyde will never drive my car again with me inside it. He was driving to school from picking up Evan and I had to yell as he was not stopping quick enough....
"Clyde! Bus! BUS!!!! BUS, CLYDE!!!!!!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home