Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Saturday, August 28, 2004

"Passenger Seat"

First board meeting = a refreshed and happier Sarah.

I almost made a comment about how happy I was to have broken down in Interdisc and not in front of all the LTG's while reading my reports later that night. Alas, after the whole assignment situation, I did, anyway. I was up there, reading my LTG report in front of all 40 or so of us, and my voice continued to crack and I turned bright red.

However, all of it went uphill from there. I'm apparently one of the most active LTG's, and I'm all up-to-date and doing my jobs. YAY! And being here with wonderful people, those who I've met (in St. Louis and during D-CON in April) and some new people, and just getting out of the house and away from all that was familiar made it so much easier on me. My breathing's been worse, yes, but I think I'll be doing better emotionally when I get back. (Well, up until Mom starts criticizing me... Argh.)

I'll be back sometime on Sunday, but I won't be up for talking until Monday night. Stupid Physics and Interdisc...

I miss IMing y'all! I'll talk to you soon!

EDIT: I got back the results from Riley. I DO indeed have a kidney disease. They don't know what it is, exactly, but they know that there is something "brewing." (That doesn't sound good.) They ruled out cancer, though, thank goodness. So now, until the disease worsens or goes away, I have to continue with my tests every three months, possibly with more occasional invasive procedures. :( I don't want any more! I've had enough stress, thank you very much!
"Rain is just God's faucet."

2 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger La belle fille said…

    NO! Bad Sarah's kidneys!!! :-( That makes me sad. BUT don't worry. You won't be going through this thing alone. I'll be there every time again! Promise! (I'll buy the next installment of Angela's Ashes, called 'Tis, and read that! :-D Not out loud though. That would just be scary! ) Seriously, I'll be there with you as much as I possibly can! :-D

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Evey said…

    Every three months??? Better you then me. I hope whatevers "brewing" rears its ugly head so they can shoot it down.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home