Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Sunday, August 22, 2004

"Be the One"

I just realized that I've strayed from my normal title scheme for quite a while. But now it's back! :)

Since yesterday was the second-to-last day of the state fair, I dragged Ashley Porter along with me to keep me company and make the trip more...spontaneous, as we all know she can. For those who know her, this will all seem very typical; for those who don't, well, you need to meet her just to say you have. :P

Highlights:
- Porter living up to her "Crazy Ash' name while rushing to get ready (had she slowed down a bit, we wouldn't have had to practically clean up the kitchen before leaving)
- getting on the train/shuttle thingy and Porter singing along to Usher with the 15-ish African Americans on there with us
- me actually recalling some of the songs (which is sooooo sad - I'm not into that type of music)
- meeting Porter's friends (I have reason to believe now that Porter personally knows a fair majority of the world. I only saw one person I knew, and that was Gary Stephenson, and he smiled and waved. Apparently, people on newspaper staff DO know me.)
- us getting stared at by many of the guys (I credit most - if not all - of them to Porter, since she looks 18 and I looked... well, not 18.)
- me loving the deep-fried Oreos!
- searching the entire length of the fair for a filled hand sanitizer machine to prevent Porter from dying from E. Coli
- seeing a booth selling jewelry with two astrological necklaces (one Cancer, one Sagittarius) and buying them because we thought it was a sign
- Porter winning first place for the Artist in Residence (or whatever you call it) drawing of a llama she did, as well as winning third place for her pear drawing
- Porter's numerous phone calls from friends (such as this one w/ some guy friend of hers: "Hello?" "Hey, Ash, where are you?" "I'm at the State Fair. Where are you?" "I'm here, too." "Where are you at, then?" "By the shake-up stand." "Do you have any idea how many lemon stands there are?" "I'm at the one with all the chairs." "Wow...That helps.")
- both of us getting hit on several times by both people walking and those manning the games ("Hey, gals, even if you don't win, I'll give you a prize anyway, just for being so hot.")
- riding the Bumblebee kiddy ride and realizing that our bumblebee was defective - it had only one antenna - and coming to the conclusion that the white gals WOULD get the "ghetto bee." We laughed hysterically the entire ride, and Dad got some good pics of us on the digicam.

We came home around 12:30, and yet I wasn't as exhasuted as I thought... That's what happens when you're with Porter! I'll post up some of the pics on amarismoon.com later this week, once I get my computer repaired.

"Rain is just God's faucet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home