Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Monday, August 09, 2004

Ouch!

At Riley. Trying to type with both hands, even though I have a castlike thing over my left hand for the IV. I'm sitting in the Riley library and resource center, trying to entertain myself for the next hour, which is when I go in for the surgery.

I'm in pain, although the nurse said that the surgery will be less painful than getting the IV. (Heck, did that hurt!) They changed plans on me again, though - I'm only going to be sedated, not completely unconscious, and I'll get several numbing needles in the back that will sting like crazy for a couple of seconds. (I wasn't expecting that...) Then I will actually feel them taking pieces of my kidney out, which is supposed to be an uncomfortable feeling "like no other."

Crap. Not looking forward to it.

And that will happen in less than 45 minutes from now. I'm a bit worried, but there's an advantage to this plan: I can eat dinner later tonight. :P

Ash is here. She's posting, too. Read hers. :)

"The strawberries and pineapples are having a nice, big family reunion. What were you thinking?"

2 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger La belle fille said…

    Bonne chance! Nous t'aimons beaucoup et beaucoup!!!!!

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Je dis, comme Ashley: "Bonne chance! Nous t'aimons beaucoup et beaucoup!!!!!" Hi Sarah. I left a long comment on the previous post that you and Ash can laugh (and cringe) at, I'm sure. Do not be too critical--I tried my best to cheer you guys up by speaking les francais comme une vache espagnol. So, harumph. I'm sorry to hear that they have changed the plans *again*. And I'm doubly sorry that your IV is hurting you! The last two time I got IVs they were almost pain-free. :( :( C'est tres mal. And, you know me (quite curious): whislt I think it would be nice to be unconcious, I am also curious about how it will feel!! Maybe I wouldn't be so curious if it were happening to me, but it sounds *very* interesting. Think I can convince them I need a kidney biopsy? Well, I want a full description. I do hope that it's not too bad, and like you said, the bright side is that you get to eat dinner (which I'm sure you will enjoy immensely. ;)). Oh, and if your Ayu music is gone when you get back, don't worry too much--Ash and I have it. We'll give it back to you....once we extract certain agreements from you. ;) :-D I'll talk to you later!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home