Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Friday, August 06, 2004

Girls' Night!

First, a (lengthy) summary of NYC.

Sunday -- got to the airport late, found out the computer system for the airline crashed. :-P Waited in line for another flight, finally left a couple hours later. Got lost in the airport in NYC. Eventually met up with my aunt. Went out to dinner in a restaurant that's literally built into a bridge.

Monday -- went to Rockefeller Center, Saks Fifth Avenue, Radio City Music Hall, and St. Patrick's Cathedral (note: spent a maximum of 20 minutes in each). Took an NBC tour, where they show you a couple studios and let you in on more than a couple production secrets. ;-) Had tea at the Plaza Hotel, which is beautiful and feels very fancy. Tried caviar (!) Left my aunt for awhile so I could meet a friend who's a musician for dinner. We split a pizza and then went to his apartment, where I sang for him and he played a few of his songs for me. Super, super nice. :o) Took a drive with my aunt around the city to see some sites at night.

Tuesday -- took a carriage ride around Central Park, did a little more window-shopping (looked at engagement rings at Tiffany's, hehe), and went to the Guggenheim (art museum, built like a big spiral). VERY cool photography exhibit and not-so-cool abstract/minimalist sculptures. Went to see RENT on Broadway. I've seen it on tour but just had to see it on Broadway as well. Mel B from the Spice Girls played one of the main roles; she was actually good! Show was incredible, some things were better than the tour and some things were worse, but it was everything Broadway should be.

Wednesday -- took a drive to some different parts of the city (East Village, SoHo, etc.) before going to the airport and getting on my flight in the nick of time. Sat on the runway for about 45 minutes because of storms, but the rest of the flight was uneventful. Exhausted when I got home, but stayed online long enough to hear about...

PARTY!

So, I got to hang out with my Aching Sushi girls for about 24 hours, starting yesterday at noon. Jane had to go home after lunch (and after being presented with gifts for her and Ali's room at the Academy), but the rest of us went to see Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. I thought it looked really strange in the previews, and I was right. haha But it did have some funny parts. Ali went home after the movie, and Sarah, Ashley, and I went to The Fashion Mall. Everything was too expensive to buy, except our meal in the food court, including dessert (of course). :o) Ali met us back at Ashley's house, where we played Taboo (SO fun) and then when Ali left again, we listened to music and read each other questions out of a book that's used to get to know each other, but in a very personal way. We finally went to bed around 2 or 3, but I couldn't fall asleep until 4. :-P Woke up around 9 and ate donuts and watched TV with Ashley until Sarah woke up. Then I went home around noon.

Now I'm getting ready to go on ANOTHER trip, family vacation this time. We're going to Canada to see some plays and visit relatives. I'll be back next Saturday, just in time for *gulp* school. But let's not think about that for now...though I do have a lot of summer reading to finish!

KEEP IN TOUCH ALI & JANE! I'll miss you! Sarah & Ashley, I'll see you at school (at least, I'm assuming I'll have classes with you!).

"The strawberries and pineapples are having a nice, big family reunion. What were you thinking?"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home