Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Busy busy!

Ooh, pretty colors. hehe My family decided at the last minute to spend the weekend in Chicago! We left Friday afternoon and returned Sunday night. On Friday night we went to Nordstrom's (I got a belt) and went to see the Blue Man Group. It's very hard to describe but the show is basically three guys who don't talk whose heads are entirely painted blue. It incorporates drumming, painting, music, technology, and skits. Not to mention it is very hard to describe. *wink* It was definitely the most surreal experience of my life; I was gaping with awe!
 
The next day we went to the Shedd Aquarium. My favorite animals were the dolphins (they were dark-sided, not like the bottlenose you usually see at the zoo, really pretty), sea otters (SO cute!) and beluga whales. That night we went back to Nordstrom's (they were having really good sales) and I bought some very cute pajamas.
 
On Sunday we went to IKEA, a massive home furnishings store. Usually I hate furniture shopping with my parents but we all ended up finding things we liked. Plus they have really good food for a furniture store!
 
So now I'm home, but not for long. This Friday I'm going to a concert (John Mayer & Maroon5) and on Sunday I leave for NYC to visit my aunt for a few days. When I get back it will be time for family vacation (to Canada, I think), which will end right before school starts. Ugh, school. I was upset about the new schedule, too. Getting out two days before Christmas is really gonna suck, but I think we're getting finals over with before vacation this year, which will be nice. Plus we get 10 days for spring break, AND we get to go to prom this year! YAY! Oh,  and about the new policy about getting books...that really screws me over since I think we'll be on vacation during registration days, so hopefully I can somehow have someone else pick up my books for me, or work out something similar. Hmm...
 
Anyway, I guess I'll blog again when I get back from NYC!
 
"Shall we go to bed?"

2 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger yumyum said…

    i wanted to go that concert...except i checked the prices and they were so expensive. HAVE FUN!!!!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Michael said…

    I recently schlepped upto Schaumburg and refurnished my room at IKEA. Awesome store.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home