Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

And So It Begins...

Well, today was...interesting.

Jane, you would have been in Interdisc with me, and Ali was supposed to be in my precal class! There aren't enough sad smilies I could make to express how depressing that is... :( (By the way, Jane, Crousore pronounced your last name "Dong".)

First off, Interdisc is most likely going to be my favorite class, even though it focuses on debates - something you all know all too well how much I hate - but it's such an energetic class that I know I'll have a good time in there anyway. Jane, you have no idea how much you're missing with this class. (I think I hooked ya on the word "debate," didn't I? HA!) Sixty students in one class does seem a bit strange to me, though...

Etymology is going to be a complete change to Interdisc. Everitt's a bit more low-key and believes in the power of workbooks. (It's tedious work. It took me about an hour to finish my assignment for Wednesday.) I'm in there with Kelly Roeder and a bunch of - what seems to me to be- slackers. Woohoo...

Then comes study hall. It's not the highlight of my day. I WANT SRT BACK! I'm stuck in Palacios' room with Debiasse (who IS really cool, Olivia, but it doesn't make up for not being the N* SRT) with only one person I actually would want to talk to, and that's Tim. Go figure. (I blame Kaylan for switching to Hayes' class. HAHA!)

We have D lunch, which sounds worse than it really is because there are actual PEOPLE in there! I'm not stuck with just one person! There's Kaylan, Olivia, Jonah, Nathan, Clyde, and a bunch of other people I'm not going to name. Lunch arrangements = happy Sarah. Clyde left his lunch money in Ash's car, though, and so he borrowed some of mine. :P

And last is PreCal. I. Am. Going. To. Die. What was I thinking, getting myself into an honors math course? Argh... ASHWEE! HELP! ME NO LIKIE HONORS! (Of course, telling the class I am copy editor on staff and having Sean Huston say, "Yeah, she's my boss," sure livened up my day. :P)

For the ladies who wish to know: I wore my pink and green dress today. (Jane, you remember it, don't you?) My hair was curled, of course, and I wore (GASP!) flipflops. (JANE! I can't wear my new pink shoes for a month because of my biopsy! Darn those four-inch heels! I love 'em and I hate 'em!) The great thing happened during lunch, when some of the underclassmen pointed at me and said I looked like someone revived from the 80's. I was thrilled. Indeed, I was! I love making a lasting impression like that. Unfortunately, I'll be more toned-down tomorrow, but it's still a long skirt. And we know how "in" miniskirts are. Ugh. I hate those lil' khaki ones. Blech.

It doesn't feel like school's started. It feels so awkward without our two dear pals! I can only compare it to the feeling I've gotten during Christmas break for the past three years now, where the season just isn't the same. It holds less of a thrill, less of a "magical" purpose, so to speak, although I doubt I would use magical to describe many aspects of high school. I mean, there of course have been things happening with me this past year that makes celebrations seem dismal, but this is school. I would normally be more excited about it than I am. Ah, well. Enough of my thoughts.

"Rain is just God's faucet."

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home