Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Must all good things come to an end?

I think I was the first one to post once school got out for the summer, and now I will most likely be the last one to post before we go back tomorrow.

Now for a retelling of my last trip of the summer...family vacation! We drove two days to Canada, where we first spent a couple days with my uncles in Toronto. The first night we ate dinner at an Indian restaurant and explored some really pretty botanical gardens (at least, I'm assuming that's the correct term...). The next day we went to Casa Loma, which is a castle a guy built in the 1900's (and ended up bankrupt, so he never finished it...there's an empty swimming pool in the basement). Never will you guess what was found for dinner that night...a VEGETARIAN BUFFET RESTAURANT. I was in heaven. There was a huge record store across the street, and I found a French CD that I listened to at Habitat. It's a pop/rock band called Kyo, VERY cool. I'll let you guys listen to it sometime!

The next day we left my uncles and drove to Stratford, where we saw four plays over the next three days. Macbeth the first night, my brother and I got student rush tickets for Anything Goes the next afternoon, Guys & Dolls that night, and A Midsummer Night's Dream the final afternoon before we drove home. All of the shows were great in different ways. Macbeth was so dramatic, and the actress who played Lady Macbeth made my jaw drop. Anything Goes moved constantly and was filled with energy, and Moonface Martin was hysterical! Guys & Dolls didn't move as much as Anything Goes, but all of the numbers that I wanted to be show-stoppers definitely were! A Midsummer Night's Dream was modern and the fairy part was set in the rainforest, with people on trapezes. Visually stunning, and some of the actors were hilarious.

So, there's my vacation. Haven't done much since I got back except for summer reading, which I still need to finish. Oh well. Here's to a school year that's better than the last (hey, at least we're big bad upperclassmen now! hehe) . Everyone come to choir concerts this year! YEAH CHAMBER!!

Hope to see you tomorrow or Wednesday!

ps. Sarah, I'm glad you're feeling better! :-D

"Rain is just God's faucet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home