Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

"Far Away"

An awesome week ended with an awesome weekend.

Friday night, I was planning to spend the night shift with one of the copy editors. Turns out, I worked with a *former* copy editor who is in charge of designing the City & State section of the Sunday paper. She brought warm, fresh-baked cookies for us to snack on... HEE! I got the chance to sit in on a section meeting about this week's Greg Oden story, meet more influential people, and finally take a tour of the ACTUAL Star building (which I was hoping I'd get). The CCI program that they use to design with is so much more sophisticated than anything we'd use, and I remember thinking every few minutes, "Why don't we have this????" :(

Saturday afternoon, I went shopping at the mall. (GASP!) It's been months since I last went into Forever 21, and I bought a Vuitton-esque purse (I love those...) and a formal dress. (Jane and Evan were fighting over me. Hehe... *cute grin*) Whether I wear it to the Homecoming dance or not, we'll see.

It's strange. For once in my life, I may actually skip a dance because I don't know whether people I know will be there. I managed to go to every middle school after-school mixer and survive without knowing anyone there; I spent two hours wandering at Homecoming last year because everyone bailed on me to go to a pool party. Suddenly, I actually care who goes. (And if one more person comes up to me and says they aren't going unless they have a date, I'm going to slap them. I absolutely HATE that.)

Around ten, I went over to Jane's for our spontaneous - yet planned? - sleepover. It's been a long time comin', hasn't it? Staying up until four, reminiscing and talking... It felt great to get some things off my chest that only Jane and I can talk about. Of course, now I'm just kind of in a low trance, but that's to be expected.

I have Interdisc to do. Night.

"Your imagination's stuck in your crack, honey."

3 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger La belle fille said…

    I'm on the fence about homecoming. I think for me it really depends on how much sleep I've gotten that week. And how much money I have, lol. They usually like it if you buy the tickets. I"m glad that you had a good time at the Star. That is such an awesome chance that not everyone gets! :-D Well, it's way past my bedtime so I'm heading to bed now. See you tomorrow!

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jade said…

    SHE walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that 's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
    Thus mellow'd to that tender light
    Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
    One shade the more, one ray the less,
    Had half impair'd the nameless grace
    Which waves in every raven tress,
    Or softly lightens o'er her face;
    Where thoughts serenely sweet express
    How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

    And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
    So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
    The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
    But tell of days in goodness spent,
    A mind at peace with all below,
    A heart whose love is innocent!

    "She Walks in Beauty" by Lord Byron.. this poem reminds me of u... and btw.. evan doesnt stand a chance! u are so mine gorgeous! ;P

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger chopstick_gurl said…

    Ash, I don't care if I have to pay for your ticket. If you wanna go with me, you're coming. I'll make sure of it.

    And Jane, that is SO sweet! Hehe... YOU ROCK!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home