Oh, my aching sushi!!!

All right, so summer's over and there are fewer pretty girls in tank tops. But still, if you think about it, we're still better. We are utterly beautiful, talented, intelligent, and amazing girls who don't need to show off skin to feel worthy. Too bad we're too good for you.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Quid non sentit amor?

A very simple version of a line from the Metamorpheses by Ovid. It means, what does love not notice? And is part of the tale of Pyramus and Thisbe.
So yeah, I'm at Sarah's now, but she doesn't know it because she's not here. I just finished writing my English paper for Tuesday. yay for Flannery O'Connor and her use of death!
Let's see...
Took the IU honors test and finished it all. It was really really really really really easy. Especially the reading and grammar. Not so much the listening. Found out that I passed and so yay! I'll hopefully get my app. sometime this week
Also this week I get my app for NHS. That also makes me happy, although I hope it's not too long. IU honor's is about 14 pages that I have to fill out plus 5 recommendations. Yucky! I have 1 for Mrs. Hilgermeier, 1 for another teacher, I've decided Mrs. Wright, 1 for a friend, whoever's not busy when I need it done. I've 3 people I'm going to ask from, 1 for another adult who's not a parent, Mrs. McKenna, and 1 for a parent. *whew*
Otherwise, everything is fairly good. I haven't been upset in a long time and although I could be doing better in Precal, I'm not getting a C. I've been quite happy, happier than I've been in a LONG time. Things feel right. They fit. I'm feeling really good about my relationships with others, and I feel like everything is more or less okay. There's one thing that I am really worried about, but I'll mention it in a minute. TOK is starting to click I think and I understnad more of what I am supposed to do there. With the exception of Precal, my grades are fairly good and I feel more in control of everything. And yes, I've started eating more on the whole.
Speech is going well. Last weekend I got a 5th in Prose and a 4th in duo with Nate. I'm really excited for next weekend's competition.
Okay, on to the thing I am really worried about: It turns out that my mom has a tumor. I've known for about a week now. They're going to start her on some medicinal treatments in December, and if that doesn't shrink it, they are going to operate. And yes, they are fairly sure that it's not cancer, which is good. I'm still really worried though.
"Can I hit him with an obvious stick now? PLEASE??!!!"

2 Comments:

  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger chopstick_gurl said…

    You know I'm here for you, even if right now it's not physically. Did you talk to Mom about it? You know we've had -what? 4-6 scares? - with breast cancer in the past couple of years.

    And you're eating more! (Please say that my junk food habits haven't worn off on you!)

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Evey said…

    Oh Ash... Hurry up and fix your comp! I miss talking to you so much! Pwetty pwease?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home